Tuesday, June 25, 2013

March 1st, 2011. Tuesday


Day 12, a letter to Minerva McGonagall

Dear McGonagall,
How are you?
I'm doing much better, even went to get milk with my mom today.
I enjoyed it, even though two of my sisters came too and that
hadn't been in the original plans as I had understood them at all.
But it turned out okay anyway.

I want to move.
Utaha stinks, stonecity has no community, and Snakepit
county has nothing to do.
I don't feel accepted my most of the people around here, and
that's how it's been my whole life.
I really don't understand why my parents won't move. They don't
like it around here any more than I do, maybe even less. They're
just scared, this is all they've known for a very long time, and
they're afraid of sinking our family in the act of moving somewhere.
I guess they figure they're pretty much stable where they are.
But the thing is, we're not very happy. What are you supposed to
do about that?

I'm not saying much about you in this letter because there
really just isn't much for me to say about you.
You're an animagus, I've always thought that was pretty cool,
but I don't like cats much anyway.
You're a pretty great teacher, and I think if I were to be invited
to Hogwarts, your class would be one of my favorites.
You were pretty well portrayed in the movies.
You were a great help to Harry, especially with his Quidditch
career.
You're probably making a top-notch headmaster.

That's really all I have to say, but I'll wager you already know
all that. That's why I don't much like writing anything in these
letters that starts with 'you'. I'm really just stating facts. It makes
for a boring letter and a redundant project.
But I also don't like talking about myself too much.
Forever searching for that glorious middle, eh?

Ah well, an end to make.
Thankee for taking the time to read this, Minerva.
You're an outstanding witch, and a brilliant person.
(there I go again...)

Sincerely,
Amoniel

No comments:

Post a Comment