Saturday, June 15, 2013

Garden and the day so far (Just because I felt like writing about it)

Ugh, so tired already.
I probably wouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning if my brother hadn't told me K. was in our driveway. She was gone by the time I had gotten out of bed and dressed. I called her and she said she had merely dropped by to give us a couple cartons of eggs, as she keeps forgetting to send them home with Legoman when he works for her. So everything was fine.
As it was, I was out of bed, and needed to water my garden anyway, so I got Torthadiel up and we both went down to weed and water for an hour. Yay.
My garden's growing well. I really need to take some pictures for the sake of documenting this (a little less than) grand experiment. My beans are up, though the rows are a bit bare in gaps, and I swear something's chomping the poor little bean plants down. I watered everything really thoroughly this morning, restrictions or not, heh. I'm rather excited about my lettuce, Mom had a few volunteer lettuce plants come up in her garden, and we've been quite happily eating garden salad every meal we possibly can :) Her lettuce is starting to bolt though, it gets so hot and dry so very fast around here, so it'll be nice when mine matures. My garden is half way shaded, so that might help a bit as summer progresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment