Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I'm at a crossroads or sorts

I don't really believe in money, therefore, I don't really believe in anything it is hopelessly entangled within or can buy.
I don't really believe in college and the pieces of paper that is a college education's end and purpose. I do strongly believe that I can educate myself on my own and with the help of other people in my life just as well, and in many cases, better than any institution can. Institutions deal not in spirituality, family, community or nature, but in materiality, the workplace, institutionalism (of course) and mankind's development and constructs.
I don't believe in careers or the avid pursuit of money and material wealth, I am pursuing a different path in a different world. I make everything I can, and do without or obtain secondhand whatever I can't. Albeit, I buy personal items, but that may be about to change as well. It's amazing what we are capable of making with our own hands, though; most people have no idea! It's incredibly satisfying to craft and make and create for yourself and the people close to you and around you. We're missing out on an unbelievable amount of connection with ourselves, God, the Earth, nature and it's creatures; other people, and the very materials that make up everything in our daily lives by resigning ourselves to being mere "consumers". A closed loop is much more complete and content than some huge mouth spewing out immaterialities for more and more and more things.

I'm not actually absolutely sure that this path I'm on is the right one or the best one, but it's feels good, so I guess I'll follow it for as long as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment