Saturday, June 8, 2013

February, 20th, 2011. Sunday


20 Day Letters to Hogwarts Challenge: Day 3, Hermione Granger

Dear Hermione,
            You are an incredibly inspiring person, and you are one of my favorite people to read about in fan fiction; there was this one story that I particularly like, it was about you and Draco. In the story, Dumbledore had decided to introduce a 12 days of Christmas-Secret Santa program to promote inter-house relations.
            You got Draco as your person to do gifts for, which you weren’t terribly happy about at first. But you warmed up to the idea, and you fell in love with Draco. Luckily, he ended up liking you back, so the story ended happily.
            I thought the story was really sweet, well-written, and creative.
            I don’t know if you’d approve of it or not, but I really liked it.

            This isn’t to say that I really ship you and Draco, I think Ron is the perfect person for you, and I like how J.K. Rowling ended the story with you and him.
           
            I really admire you, and it’s thanks to you that I can’t figure out whether or not if I’m a Gryffindor or a Ravenclaw.
            You make such a great Gryffindor, and you would make an equally impressive Ravenclaw.
            I wouldn’t quite make a good Ravenclaw in the astoundingly-good-grades sense, I think I’d be more of a Luna Lovegood sort of a Ravenclaw.
            My Mom says I would fit into Gryffindor pretty well, but I’m not sure why. I can sense various vague and lurking reasons, but they don’t really come into easily-understood detail for me.

            There is so much more that I want to tell you; my mind seems blank at first, but if I sit quietly attuned to my thoughts for a bit, things come crowding to the front of my mind, like so many vague and un-worded birds.

            I want to tell you that I feel surrounded by so much beauty today.
            I am happy; I am at peace.
            I am happy Hermione. I can feel it. I can’t say that I haven’t been happy in awhile; it’s just that I haven’t quite been aware of being happy.
            But I’m happy today, I’m happy now.
            And I’m very glad to have you to tell that to.

            Love,
   Amoniel

(Here's a link to the fan fiction story I mention in this letter:
http://m.fanfiction.net/s/1647744/1/Love_Your_Secret_Santa )

(As you well know, I am transferring all the posts on my other blog onto this one as I never use it any more but I don't wish to lost all the writing and work I put into it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment