Friday, June 7, 2013

February, 19th, 2011. Saturday


Twenty day letters to Hogwarts challenge: day two, Ron Weasley

Dear Ron,
I attended my great uncle's funeral today.
I still don't feel as if he were dead.
Do you ever feel that way about your brother, Fred?
How can it be that I can whole-heartedly believe that a fictional character is dead, but not my great uncle?
What could that mean?
Is it good?

My great uncle was, of course much more prominent in my life than Lupin, or Fred, or Dobby, or Tonks were.
I have some great memories of him, and I love him very much. And I'm not even all that closely related to him, I can barely imagine what it must be like for his sons, my second cousins, or his wife, my great aunt.

I miss him.
I've rather missed him in the past year and a half or so too.
He hadn't been in mush contact with the family these past two years.
Maybe that makes his death all the more unbelievable.

And maybe it's because I don't believe in death anyway.
Maybe that will keep him all the more alive to me.

Sincerely yours,
Amoniel
(As you well know, I am transferring all the posts on my other blog onto this one as I never use it any more but I don't wish to lost all the writing and work I put into it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment