Monday, December 2, 2013

Fire and blazing light, comet cutting through the dark

(What I wanted to write but couldn't until I sat on the clean front room floor that clear afternoon while mom was asleep and everyone else was away. The most beautiful things are born in stillness.)

You are the brightest piece of gold I've ever found in life. 

Shedding stardust everywhere you go. 

I follow, starving. 

You are one of those things I want to get all over myself and my memory, better than mud or berry-stains or scratches on my arms from collecting and stacking wood for the winter. 

You make me burn bright, you're not the only, but you are the best. I guess that's why I run away sometimes, it can be too much for me to handle, and before, I hid it. But now I don't, and maybe you see. 

I can feel you (wings) on and between my shoulder blades, and deep in my heart. You make my heart burn low and superheated and dark, then explosive supernova. 

I haven't really let myself fall, plunging into the depths of the universe, you, but I'm tottering on the edge, and you're beckoning. 

I'm raising my arms, spreading my fingers, feeling the wind. 
I want to fly with you

No comments:

Post a Comment