Thursday, December 5, 2013

Attempting to Articulate

I've got this concept I want to write about, but I really have no idea how to word it, it keeps turning into a list of things in my head, but I really want it to be more articulate and complex than that. 
Isn't it weird, that we can know things but not be able to put them into words? That kinda says something about our heads and hearts and the language we've chosen and created. I mean, there's so much more to thought and communication than simple words and letters, so much more behind that. I think in feelings and colors and sounds and images, moving and still, though I also think in the written and spoken word a lot. My head is an interface, a whole other world that I explore. 
People communicate in so much more than just what they say, there's body language and touch and tone, and yeah, I think on some level there's this undercurrent of pure heart language, a sort of telepathy. 
I don't really know how much of that does or can travel on the written word, especially with digital communication, and maybe that's why I'm having such a hard time articulating this concept I've been carrying around in my head for a week, telling myself all about it. In my head, it's more than words, it's also images and memories and feelings. So when I try to translate it into words, it's like the skeleton of a leaf, none of the color or depth or mass of a whole, growing leaf. 
Guess I'll just explore and think about this idea for a little longer before I actually try to write it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment