Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The whisper and the howl

I know who I am,
and no one can argue with me.
I do not need your help.
I am strong, I am delicate.
I am the rainbow with all the colors, including black and white.
I am a poet, I am the stargirl, I am a maker, I am a secret-keeper, a truth-teller, I am an elf, a princess, I am a human being.
I am ten-thousand feet tall.
I am an inch short.
I am love.
I am family. Brother sister, mother father, uncle aunt, cousin, grandmother grandfather.
I am eternity, I am the nano-second.
I am older than you will ever know, younger than I will ever be.
I do not need your self-finding books, nor your self-seeking classes.
I know who I am.
I am all things, I am the glistening raindrop, the roaring waterfall. I am the light-beam, and the roaring bonfire. I am the newborn seed, and I am the towering Redwood forest.
I am the Earth, the Sky, the Ocean.
I am a part of God.
I am my soul, my body, and my imagination.
I am my hopes, my dreams, my truths, my lies, I am my loves, and my hates. I am all of these things, I am more.
I am a living contradiction.
I am me.

1 comment: