Friday, May 31, 2013

Sandy Forehead

Today was yucky. I hate yucky days.
Yesterday was not yucky, the day before that was also not yucky. But Tuesday, the day before the day before, was yucky.

I'm feeling listless and flighty and reluctant to work. It feels like I've got grit in my brain, like I can't quite focus and my thoughts are all itchy and squirmy. Reality doesn't quite match up with living today, I feel foggy and not all there. Today didn't feel right, whatever that means.

I didn't really sleep last night, and I guess I got up too early this morning, but really, I couldn't sleep in any more, bleah. At least I didn't blow up at anyone today, that's saying something. I noticed that the last time I got up early, I was rather irritable and apt to blow up. But I didn't have that problem today.

Actually, now that I think about it, I didn't quite "get out of bed" or really "wake up" until just before I went to walk the Chocolate Chip dog. I hadn't really gotten ready for the day until then, at about three in the afternoon. And now I'm sitting here in my pajama pants, typing. I'm tired and cold and ready for this day to be over.
Maybe tomorrow will be not yucky. What day is it tomorrow?... Saturday, tomorrow's Saturday. The weeks and days have become a blur since school got out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment