Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Notes and Musings

I'm not sure if the first true paragraph to my story is scientifically correct...
It's going to be interesting brushing up on my science in researching the microbial world for my story.

Most hero's journeys to higher-being seem to be centered on characters with a background of fierce tribal or communal societies, for example, "Jonathan Livingston Seagull". But these characters break off from their communities to pursue the their interests, often after being cast off by their own kind.
But what if my bacterium had no such problem, being a member of a very loose-knit, tolerant population? What if he pursued his own path due not to derision and alienation, but to his own inner strength and will?
If bacterium aren't really very communal, then I believe that is the path my story will take. I suppose it's already sort of the way I've written it, but it does mention bacteria being "social creatures ". I shall have to clear that up, factually and story-wise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment