Monday, March 29, 2010

A Summer day

I am dancing in the morning light. The front lawn is completely silent except for birdsong and a faint noise coming from my earbuds. My world is in the music.
A boy walks slowly down my street. He is tall, but not too tall. His hair is brown, dark, like chocolate.
He stops when he sees me. I take no notice, I am unattached, in my own world.
The boy is curious. Why would a teenage girl dance all by herself in the morning half-silence?
How peculiar, he thinks, and how very intriguing.
He continues down the street, hands in pockets, thinking as he steps on the road. He begins to cross the next street , then an idea occurs to him. He smiles crookedly, Am I really about to do this? This is crazy, will she think I'm crazy? Still, I don't think she'll think I'm crazy, after all, she's the one dancing with herself.
He turns around.
I half hear the gate creak as it opens. But I take no notice, Just the wind, I whisper to myself. I am in ecstasy, beauty is all around and inside me.
Someone taps me on the shoulder, I turn, to greet who ever it is with a smile. I am sure it's my Mother, I am utterly surprised to see a youth about my age standing in front of me. My smile is replaced by a look of bewilderment for half a second. Then, on my face, blooms an even broader smile.
I take my left earbud out, and whisper, "My name is Amoniel."
And he replies, "My name is Jonathon."
I hand him my earbud. He places it in his ear, and lays his hand on my waist, we begin to slowly dance in the gorgeous Summer light.

1 comment: