Sunday, February 7, 2010

Haitian benefit concert

Last night i went to a benefit concert for Haiti at Snow college. It was fantastic! All of the performers did an amazing job, it was the best concert i have ever been to, albeit i haven't been to very many ;) I think what made it all the more special was that i recognized many of the people who performed. My Dad knows the Greenalghs, I've been introduced, but i haven't gotten to know them very well yet. I know Sherry Boekweg, and i know Eve Martin personally. I also recognized some of the people in the high school choir, although when i said hi to one of them, she didn't seem to recognize me.
The song performed by Mayu, Benson and Terry Greenalgh was by far my favorite musically, I thought i was going to lift up and fly as i was listening. I finally understand what makes live rock concerts so special.
My favorite performance visually was Alex Boye. Hi-larious! He got the audience very involved. I laughed and danced and clapped to my heart's content.
The concert wasn't all music, they also had some speakers in between performances. The speakers were pretty neat, although i forget their names, and they didn't have any of the speakers listed in the program.
By far, I am glad i was able to go. It was beautiful, heartbreaking, uplifting, and educational. I learned quite a lot about the situation in Haiti. I am glad I had the opportunity to attend the concert and donate money to Haiti. All of the money from the tickets the organizers sold went to these two charities that are helping out in Haiti, IASK, and, Healing hands for Haiti. Snow College even donated the performance center free of charge! Doesn't that make you all warm and fuzzy inside? It sure made me feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment