Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A story by Amoniel, Kathryn, and the Dreamer

(I will try to alternate the style of the letters where I detect a change in handwriting.)

Once upon a time
Alphonse ruled over a kingdom of
fictional animals, and they all


Had fictional tales of an amourous quality
and spent endless hours fighting of[f] the dreadful foes that inhabited the flames of candles.
They fought long and hard, day and night, until


The tiger lost a tooth, and he cried "Mama save me!"
Little did he know that a wild cowboy was in the area at the time and was quick to respond.


"Hi ho Silver!" The cowboy yelled as his horse reared. He waved his banana-yellow hat in the air and galloped off toward the scene of the crime.
When the shadows grew larger he dismounted his horse to prepare for the long night ahead, all the while thinking of a plan for discovering the truth.


He unrolled his sleeping bag as the moon rose, making everything look like liquid silver.
"I've got it!!!" He shouted.
Everything made sense now as he rushed to repack his stuff. "I've got to hurry! It'll be too late if I wait for morning." He muttered as his hands flew. Packed with a new found energy the cowboy leapt on his horse and rode towards the castle. If he hurried he could catch the


Black knight, dastardly doer of dark deeds.
'I've got you now' the cowboy said under his breath as his horse galloped faster and faster. The castle came into view as
a growing feeling of unnatural discomfort ran down the cowboy's spine. In a sudden gush of wind the Back Knight appeared in front of the cowboy and pleaded for forgiveness. "I was wrong to do such evil, let me make it up to all the victims of my crimes somehow." The Black Knight begged. With a slight smile the cowboy laughed, "Throw us a tea party[.]"
And the mad hatter and march hare came; they all lived happily ever after. (Except the hare smashed the best teapot.)


[It's random because we wrote it as a game; the game is best played with three people. You have a piece of paper, lined is best, the first person writes something on the top of the paper, (preferably something that is easily added to) and passes it to the second person. The second person reads what the first person wrote and then writes something under the first person's writing. (I think it works best to leave an unwritten line in between each person's turn.) The second person then folds the first person's writing under the paper and passes the paper to the third person. The third person reads what the second person wrote and adds something of their own to the paper, and so on.
I think playing with at least three people really makes the story random, the third person never reads what the first person wrote.]
[Kathryn, could you show this post to your oldest sister?]

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. I love how it makes so little sense :)
    Sure thing, I'll show it to Joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It always turns out absolutely hilarious :) I have a couple others on facebook in my notes, if you can access my profile.
    Thanks, let me know what she thinks of it, or make her get on blogger and comment herself :)

    ReplyDelete