Monday, August 1, 2011

July of the 31st (But Not Today.)

We celebrated Harry Potter's birthday with home-made poppyseed cake yesterday, he turned 32, I think. And no, I forgot to take a picture of the cake before it was devoured yesterday, I'm terrible at remembering those things, but here's a link to the recipe we -Jeru, Tor and I made it together, I think it went way faster then it would have otherwise- used.
And if one more person asks if it was Daniel Radcliffe's birthday we celebrated, I will cream them. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Hooray! (Shouts of jubilation, tears of happiness, and many celebratory embraces). Best of birthday wishes to our magical friend! I honestly don't know what we would have done without him.
    I saw the movie a few days ago, and to get back at David Yates for insulting the good name of wizardry, I wrote a list of forty-two differences between the book and the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha, I very much dislike David Yates as well :) (He did a much better job with the second part of DH, though it still wasn't all I had dreamed it to be.) Ginny should unleash the batbogey hex on him. Do you know what exactly that certain spell does? I hadn't figured it out until about 2 months ago, give or take a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That she should. It is her specialty by way of hexes, after all.
    I'm afraid to ask, but what exactly does it do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Wiki: "It is said to grotesquely enlarge the victims snot, give it wings, and send it attacking the victim." Gross and fascinating, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming, charming...

    I would very much hate to be on the receiving end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just imagine David Yates fleeing from it! Pretty much harmless, but terrifying while it's in work, 'specially if you're a muggle.

    ReplyDelete