Monday, November 16, 2020

A Poem

 Grocery list 

  • Carrots 
  • Celery 
  • Sweet potatoes 
  • Coconut milk
  • Coffee cream
  • Nutmeg 
  • Spinach 
  • Bagels 


Carrots, which I forgot

Celery, likewise

I remembered the sweet potatoes, both heavy in my hands

The coconut milk was not half-fat finally

I decided to try hazelnut coffee creamer, nondairy in the hopes my face will improve 

No nutmeg

Broccoli, for which Westley thanked me a week later

A bunch of spinach for better times, two hands thick, and for Daal on Monday 

Finally, bagels, because I ate the last pumpkin spice one. 

Baby zucchini and a little pear-shaped squash called chayote

Swiss chard, for an all-antioxidant lunch to follow

Eggs, caged, because Westley and I eat them like the Cadbury kind

Green curry paste: I can’t ever find red at this Smith’s 

And a clove of garlic, too late for April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment