Monday, February 24, 2014

Psalm To Life Prayer

Longboard lover, 
Swaying, like a fish through dry desert air, 
I hope I don't take anything for granted in what I mean to say:
I am in love, rapture, with god and all of the world.
Love is everywhere, longing forever lit, 
If you look closely, I wear a dark visage of yearning beneath this pale skin and clear gaze.

Life is not the pursuit of happiness, either you are happy, 
Or you aren't, 
Don't waste life in seeking what is already present, 
Or beckoning so close. 

I am in touch with my forbidden fruit, though I have not yet tasted it. 
A shrug of shoulders, and we find that innocence is never lost, 
But expanded, 
Growth is not innocence destroyed or covered, but innocence maturing, 
Childhood is never lost, 
But instead, made encompassing, knowledgable, and gifted further wisdom as age wears on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment