Friday, January 31, 2014

Room For Improvement (I'm still pretty bad at titles...)

Regardless of how inane or useless writing posts on this blog -or writing in general, may sometimes seem, the very act of writing always improves my skill by that much every time.
I'm pretty impressed by how far I've come in the years since I began this blog, and I'm equally impressed by how much I've improved in just the past year. I think I've become much better at flow and the essay format in general, however loosely structured I still write.
The past few months I've sort of made it a goal to write something on here everyday, and be it poetry, essay or stream-of-consciousness, I think that practice has been very beneficial. It's a great way to set aside time to just sit down and write and try to bring it to some sort of a conclusion and structure.
I still very much remember when I felt it was impossible to write an essay, let alone come up with a good title or a coherent ending to said essay. However, just writing every day and not quite holding myself to the essay format has helped me to feel out the structure of an essay for myself, and gain a better understanding of the how and why of essay composition.
Quite often, I feel like my writing gets me nowhere, or isn't of any real relevance or use to the world and its people, but honestly, that feeling doesn't usually last long, and it generates the need and thirst to write. I improve every time I write, in everything I write, and this, I think, is enough to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment