Thursday, October 10, 2013

Malala Yousafzi on the daily show and activism in general

Oh gordy, with people like Malala Yousafzi on this Earth, why does it not seem like anything is getting better? 
Or more to the point, how the heck does one decide to be that outspoken in spite of possible consequences? 

It feels like there is a need for more people like that, it feels like that is what would turn things around. We are headed in such a terrible direction, and yeah, I can't see the future, but I've learned a little of the past, however misrepresented that may be, but I don't know enough to see if it'll all be okay or if we're just building the world of 1984. That is somewhere I do not want to be, somewhere I don't want anyone to be, friends, relatives, strangers, the birds and bugs and trees. 
But what is one to do? I am a person who is extremely intimidated by possible consequences. And I don't really know how or if not to be. 

(Link, if'n you want to know what the heck I'm talking about:">Malala Yousafzi on the Daily Show It is not that I am in awe of her, for she is doing what every human being can and ought to do, it is that I wonder why on Earth more do not)

No comments:

Post a Comment