Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Traces left

Funny, funny, funny how very much I have changed.
To go to the beginning of this blog, or the beginning of my time on Facebook is to meet a very different person, this past version of myself.
Spazzy and wild, long prattling posts, and very few photographs. The funniest thing is, I like this girl, she is amusing and engaging, so young and unrestrained. It's fun to meet her all over again, this girl I forgot I was. My name is still hers, and hers mine, though the meaning has evolved much in the time between then and now.
I still know quite a bit of what she knew, but she was only just beginning to discover what has become evident to me.
I wonder if she ever thought of me; I know I think of her, but then, she has left an imprint on my time, and I wasn't anything but a distant hope in hers.

I used to think that people never really changed, but I know I have, and it's become very evident in a dear friend, this change and growth that I imagine all go through, given the space, time, and thought.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing-seeing yourself mature and develop. It's life's greatest journey. But people don't ever change, they don't, they only mature and evolve and some don't change at all. It all comes from within.- Aicha(Aderes)

    ReplyDelete