Friday, August 17, 2012

Bittersweet Anatomy



           My bones are sparkling,

Starlit
Diamond,
Lit on ethereal, white
Fire.

The world shines from within,
Far away as a star,
But coming closer every day;
Hazy,
Blurred blue
And merged with my very being.

My heart is made from feathers,
Lemon juice,
And velvet,
Palpitating,
Yearning.
Bleeding and loving,
Whole and hollow
And overfilled
With every face I have
Ever laid eyes on
And a few I haven’t.
You are there,
I promise.

My limbs are thin,
Long,
Twigs.
Fragile and distant,
Intertwined with
Heartstrings and individual,
Fleshy hands.

My fingertips bud with
fragrant, infant-delicate roses,
curled, and blush-pink,
nestled among orange and saffron,
flickering flames.

My skin is pale silk,
easily torn and vulnerable,
clinging to a diamond-fire
           skeleton.


My mouth and throat
Burn with a hunger for
Knowledge and affection,
My eyes flash with visions
Of a face,
Or faces,
That I do not know,
But search for with
Winged heart,
            And flaming fingertips.

Ribbons of thought
And feeling
Grow
From my ribs
Connecting with
The Earth
The Sky
The Sea
And the spirit of all.


I search for you,
Even as I find you
Already within my
Heart
And
Bones.

Come to me,

Child,

Lover,

Dear one of a thousand hearts;

I remember you



No comments:

Post a Comment