Friday, February 4, 2011

It seems that in this society, people go directly to city or law officials whenever a problem arises with their neighbors.
This is really stupid in my opinion. If you have a problem with a neighbor, you should go directly to that neighbor and discuss it with them. Figure out how to resolve the problem, figure out how you can help.
This would be a much better solution, and it would target and adress the root of the problem. I think that it would also make people feel a lot safer and more amiable towards each other, rather than being fearful, resentful, and suspicious, which is basically what is happening in my town now.
I wish that people were smarter and kinder. I wish I knew how to fix things. I think I might, but I really am not sure.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amoniel! This is a beautiful post. I wish people were more peace-loving and willing to cooperate, too. I also wanted to thank you for posting on my review of Terry Pratchett's NATION on Bookshop Talk. And I've had such fun browsing your blog, in my own turn. You're an insightful young lady! I love that you're a poet, too. My husband is a professional poet who teaches at the university in our wonderful little town. Did you read the post a few days ago on Bookshop Talk about over-the-top poetry? You should enter our contest! Going over-the-top in your poetry may not be your thing, but it might be fun. :) And you could win Shakespeare's sonnets! A beautiful copy of them. Anyhow, nice to "meet" you, and thank you again for visiting Bookshop Talk! Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this comment, Kim, it really made my day! :D

    ReplyDelete