Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Making time for motivation as it comes

There are so very many different things I want to learn, but I do not make time for or I grow tired of (If only in learning style, not necessarily of subject.)
I want to learn how to make truly great art, specifically, truly great relief and intaglio prints. Before settling on an image for my current relief patch exchange, I realized that what I needed to do was come up with a visual thesis: a succinct, direct communication of an idea or concept in image form. I am not as good at doing this, creating good art and good visual theses as I would like to be. Both because I generally struggle with this, but also because I struggle to create a curriculum for myself outside of college and my studies to guide my improvement. For this, I am glad to be continuing my education this fall at Utah State University.
My Spanish studies have lost some interest for me, or rather, the medium I have been using, Duolingo, no longer interests me. I still enjoy speaking and learning spanish, and using it to communicate with friends, but I've found myself in a rut as far as improving it.
Writing has been my great true love ever since I learned how to read, even before then, so it is surprising that I decided to major in art. I do not regret that decision one bit, but it is harder to work on my writing whilst studying art, I do not have as much time or motivation for it as I should have.
I feel that my life revolves in a spiral of trying hard, giving up, regaining motivation and trying again. This motivation often comes from my parents because I trust their insight and they are two of the people in this world who know me the best. They encourage me to strive for my best in all of my work; in my art, my language learning, and in my writing. They are the reason I am taking writing up once again and working once again on this silly little orange blog.
We'll see how long this leap-frog game of motivation will last, at least I will be that much closer to my ultimate goal of improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment