Thursday, September 4, 2014

Never Stopped Me From Writing Before

I have gotten out of the habit of writing. I'm afraid I didn't manage to register for an English class this semester, so I haven't been doing much more than writing notes and jotting a few things down in my journal now and then.
I want to continue developing my writing. Art, what I am majoring in, is actually not my first passion. My first passion is Writing, and the skill that goes so well with it: Reading. I'm not even entirely sure why I'm majoring in art, I love it, but ever since I was in my early teens, I figured I would major in English.
At any rate, I love both Art and English almost equally, so I would like to change my major to a dual major in English and Art next semester. I've told this plan to just about everyone I've spoken to in the past couple of weeks.
I'd like to get back into the habit of writing again, in preparation for my change of major, and just because I want to continue to improve in articulation and skill. I love writing, I've always loved writing, so why stop practicing it in earnest just because I don't have any classes in it right now? That's never stopped me before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment