Thursday, November 7, 2013

Liebster Award

A while back I got a lovely comment from from Mary at Cogitational Counterpoints nominating me for the Liebster award, which is kinda fun and totally unexpected :) Thank you Mary, for reading and the nomination :)
If you've been nominated or would like to nominate somebody, all you have to do is follow the below set of rules:



  1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
  2. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
  4. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have a small following.
  5. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
  6. Tell your nominees, on their own blog, that you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me:
  1. I dislike long sleeves, and nearly always roll or push them up.
  2. I miss my dog terribly since he died last January.
  3. Lately, I enjoy doing things that terrify me, I've been able to push past fear in the past couple of years, and I've found that I enjoy the things that are difficult for me all the more fiercely once I've somewhat mastered them. Take guitar tuning, for example, once a vast unknowable unknown, now one of my favorite things about practicing the guitar. 
  4. I love writing and receiving letters, though I'm not very good at actually writing and sending them in a timely manner. 
  5. The San Rafael Swell is my happy place.
  6. I have no idea how to go about getting ready for Christmas this year, I haven't got a thing done and it's not much longer until December arrives.
  7. The movie Inception was quite the spiritual and enlightening experience for me.
  8. Right now I'm wearing my favorite blue sweater which will quite soon probably fall apart, as it is getting fairly threadbare in places. 
  9. I say I have no expectations, I think I have no expectations, but I'm quite open to the possibility that I might. I still maintain that relationship is organic and a thing of space rather than just bonds. 
  10. I love deep and thoughtful documentaries like Kumare, I Am, and The Nature Of Existence. 
  11. Life is terribly interesting to me, adventure, people, discovery. This outlook does tend to ebb and flow though, as all things do. I'm not sure balance is stillness so much as wave, pattern and resonance.


The 11 Questions That The Person Who Nominated Me Asked:
  1. What is your favorite past time?
I don't really have any one favorite past time, I'm kinda scattered all over the place. I love hanging out with my friends and family, reading, writing, playing guitar. Hiking, whatever. I love doing everything, and it is all my favorite :)
        
        2. Does art imitate life, or does life imitate art?
Both, yin and yang. Not opposite, but intertwined.

        3. What's your ultimate goal in life?
Enlightenment and deep relationship.

        4. What is the last thing you bought via online shopping?
Light Martin acoustic guitar strings. I'm awesome because I can break a string tuning down...

        5. How did you get started using blogspot?
I got sick of how much I was on facebook in 2009, so I created this blog with the help of my dad to sort of experiment with for a week of abstinence from fb. 

        6. Do you have a favorite film, and if so, what is it?
Far too many favorites, and perhaps all because I have learned or can learn something from them.

          7. What's your preferred fall outfit?
Jeans and a sweater over a t shirt, maybe a hat.

        8. What's your biggest accomplishment to date?
I don't really believe in that. I just live. 
        
        9. Who inspires you the most?
Yo
        10. The best show on television right now is:
Doctor Who :) (That's basically the only thing I watch right now that's ongoing and current, though.)


I don't think I shall nominate anyone else, if someone wants to nominate themselves from me, that'd be great, haha :) Just let me know and I'll come up with some questions :]
Thanks again Mary, you're a sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment