Thursday, September 26, 2013

The garden right before a cold snap (or the onset of Winter, we really can't be sure just yet)


Broccoli and lettuce. I'm not entirely sure it's a great idea to grow lettuce into late summer and early fall, it's just not really something you feel like eating at this time of year. 
My one actual tomato cage. It slowly fell over through the summer as the ground was too hard so the sticks weren't lodged in the ground well enough. 
Some green beans. Last time I checked, when I took this photo, they looked great, no frost bite or anything. However, that was yesterday, and it's been much, much colder since then. 
A couple tomatoes, my swisschard rows, some more green beans, and at the end, the cucumber plants. The Armenian at the end is dead, but the other one's hanging on. They were all a bit frost bitten yesterday, so I'm not optimistic. 

So there you go, a fall garden update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment