Thursday, July 21, 2011

I don't know, maybe it can help in some way.

Subject: Tough decisions

In two weeks, the House will start deciding where and how much to cut in the 2012 budget.

We know that tough decisions need to be made, but now is not the time to cut poverty-fighting programs that we know work--programs that fight the root causes of chronic hunger, have helped put more than 6 million people on AIDS drugs since 2002 and have helped avert 5.4 million child deaths due to vaccines--all for less than 1% of the budget.

I just signed this petition asking the House to protect these programs. Will you sign it, too?

http://act.one.org/sign/protect_fy2012/?source=protectfy2012tafem&referring_akid=2302.2170473.G1N911

Together as ONE we can make a difference.

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Not only did I put my name, I sent it to all my friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you Aderes, I guess my posting it really will make some kind of a difference afterall :)

    ReplyDelete