Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bookbinding projects of late.



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What I made for my Dad for Father's day. I gave him a leather pamphlet book (?) five or six months ago, which I made in my bookbinding class. It started falling apart probably about a week ago, so I thought I'd make him a better one for Father's day, since he's been using the pamphlet bbok as a notebook.
 This is the book I made for my poetry. There are quite a few glitches, but I'm pretty happy about it just the same. I really love the paper, so pretty :)

This is a nice shot of the spine, which I did with the coptic stitch. I'm still kind of scared to try hard spine books. I've made them before, but the coptic stitch is sooo easy.  I generally fall back on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment