Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy 2012 box (many thanks to Abby @ Following God)

I made a Happy 2012 "jar" (it's actually a box) last Thursday, and since I'm feeling down right now, I figured I might as well share it with you today.

I put this box together immediately after reading the guest post on Lucia etcetera. The funny thing is, everything I used to decorate the box was, well, picked up from my floor. The box has been floating around my room for a while too, waiting for some sort of purpose to manifest itself. So I guess you could say the whole thing was upcycled :)

I've been recording the small events and occurrences that have made me happy at the end of each day, often times that's the best . I write them with my favorite pen on small, ripped scraps of scratch paper, it makes the little bits of happiness seem all the more spur-of-the-moment and raw, I think. Something I've spoken about with R a few times.


(I'm going to randomly select a few slips of paper from the box and write their contents underneath each photo.)
 The baked beans mom made, so sweet, so savory, so short lived ~5/11/12

The light shining through the trees as I lay on the tramp while I babysat the Ws. The sun was setting. ~5/11/12
 Daddy getting home after being at the Troubled Youth conference for two days. ~5/11/12

Flying down the street on T's bike after going to an interview thing. The sun shone bright yellow, it was late afternoon, and I was thoroughly exhilarated. ~5/14/12
The clouds at the end of the day as we were driving home from Spanish class. ~5/10/12




And a couple of hastily taken photo from today to show how full it is:


Sending J and K an email with a link and a photo of my happy 2012 box :) ~5/10/12


The cottonwood seeds blowing across town, like warm, spring snow. ~5/10/12


Anyway, I know I made this with the year already half over, but I encourage you to do the same anyway :)
I think it's important to remember the small things in life; and it's important to have some way to remind yourself that you have lots of things to be happy about.

2 comments:

  1. lovely box! so glad you were inspired by my project. thanks for linking your post, I enjoyed reading it. :)

    Abby
    Follow God

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly for following the link :) I'm very glad you enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete