Friday, April 13, 2012

Easy Eloquence and Clarifying Intricacy

So, hey, how are ya?

I must confess that these past few days haven't been the best for me, not depressing, just a little melancholy and listless. I want to do something really big, really cool. And by big and cool, I probably don't mean anything you might be thinking of; by big and cool I guess I mean quirky and creative. I want to put smiles on a bunch of people's faces, even if I'm not there to see it. I want to shine a light on the unseen corners of my world so other people can cock their heads to one side while their eyes light up with the sunshine of discovery; I want to bring about a smile in their hearts as well as on their faces. I want them to look at the world, and go "Oh!" as something shifts in their minds.
I  guess I rather want to do something like what Katie Sokoler from "Color Me Katie" does, but I don't seem to have the energy or the space or the resources to do it with; whether or not if I really do, I think I don't.
Perhaps I need to tell myself a different story, one where my life is exciting and easy and I have lots of friends, because, for all I know, all of those things could be true, and my current mindset could be false.

At least I finally got one of my wishes today; I've overcome the writer's block I didn't even know I had, I'm managing to write what I feel in an eloquent and descriptive way, in earnest and in honesty.
I keep saying to myself lately "I wish I could write like Raven", He's so kind and clear in his replies to strong-minded and narrow-sighted comments of every sort. I get too emotional, in type and in person, I feel, or rather, felt that I wasn't very good at expressing myself in an earnest and helpful way, in a way that would set my opinion free without rising up in contest to other people's opinions. I've finally unlocked that ability right here, in this post, though I'm still a long way from the intricacy of writing like Jane Austen, and of speaking with the easy eloquence of my dad.

2 comments: