Saturday, March 12, 2011

Questions of, perhaps, a delicate nature

I'm not very good at these long, rambling online journal-like posts that a lot of people seem to like to write.
I've got these things I want to say, but don't know what or how.
Or if I should say them on here.

I guess I'm just confused.

The world's so weird lately, I find myself basically just not caring about much.
I don't get obsessed anymore. I used to get really obsessed about a lot of things, but I'm just really neutral about a lot of things lately.
I can still feel, I can still care, but not to the point of despair.
I guess I've developed this after years of watching my parents work themselves up because of their beautifully deep empathy.
They were always terribly sad about something, and they're still rather like that.

Do I understand now? I'm not sure.
There are still things I want to say to you, but feel like I can't because they might seem like feeble protestations, like I'm trying to... I don't know, the feeling's there but the words won't come.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

2 comments:

  1. Hm.. I see what you're saying. I understand, and can relate to mostly the beginning. Something just suddenly seems weird, I'm just so confused as well. Or maybe I'm uneasy? I don't know what or why... but there's something that I can't seem to put my finger on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you suppose that's just how the world is right now?
    I think it's changing, maybe too fast for us to begin to understand or notice.

    ReplyDelete