Tuesday, October 19, 2010

You Know (Or you should anyway, seeing as how I don’t. Someone has to have all of the answers)

I’m my own kind of crazy
And anyway,
What is normal?
Just a matter of opinion,
If you ask me
Which you won’t,
Because you’re scared
I’m too weird,
Too alien,
Too one of a kind for you
Or your friends,
Or anyone in the world,
For that matter…

Thank you,
For taking the time,
I know you’re busy,
What with your soccer
Games,
Your dancing lessons,
And your pre-scheduled play-dates
If that’s even a word,
As someone in a book I once read
Said
I forget which book…

Ah, you’re still here
Looking at me in stunned silence…

Y’know,
You’re quite welcome to leave,
But it must be by your choice
I’ll just ramble on,
Whether or not if you’re standing here,
I’ll just be talking to god
(Who some say is everywhere, you know)
Or myself,
It really depends on my mood…

Black,
The color black
Is now everywhere.
(My sister forgot to put her paints away,
Which really isn’t like her at all,
You know;
Or maybe you don’t,
It’s not like you’ve met her.)
I dislike black now,
It’s all over my SAT
Study book,
And it really doesn’t belong there,
(I hope) you know…

What was I saying?
Oh, you’re still standing there,
Why are you still standing there?
Why are you still reading this?
Why did I even write this?

I, personally,
Don’t have any of the answers
So you’d better get up from your chair
And go find them
Hurry,
There’s not much time left,
You know

No comments:

Post a Comment