Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ohm

So, I picked a cucumber from my garden last Monday. ^^ I didn't get to eat any of it though, a few people had some cucumber slices on their burritos that evening and it was all gone by the time I got around to making my own.
The cucumber was from my sweet cucumber plant, which was a little surprising. I was expecting my biggest armenian cucumber to produce first, but no, my teeny little sweet plant was the very first, whilst all of the others have nothing but small, star-like yellow flowers.
I haven't mentioned it before, but I have four cucumber plants; two armenian, one pickle, and one sweet. I've never had luck with cucumbers before in our family garden, but I always just planted those from seed. I bought mine this year as seedlings, or rather, quite a bit older than seedlings from the hardware store.
Later on Monday, or the day after, it occurred to me that I could have photographed my cucumber. True, that would have been pretty silly, but I was excited and this whole gardening on my own thing is pretty new and special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment