Monday, July 15, 2013

All Things Pass; Letters blog: May 6th, 2011. Friday.


Another letter to Om.

 Voitko kertoa, että en halua 
puhua hänelle?

Yin and yang,
Om and Yo.
Two letters each to two people 
who seem complete opposites
in my eyes.
Here I am, writing the second 
letter to you, hoping you won't
see this letter like I thought 
you would never see that word.
But you did, and you're trying 
to justify yourself to me again. I
don't care, I'm sorry, but I really
 just don't care.
I don't want to talk to you, I 
don't want to address you directly,
I don't even want to see you 
sometimes.
I don't want to be mean to you 
like I'm afraid I will If I try to
talk to you.
But most of all, I'm afraid of 
becoming friends with you again.
I did it once.

As I've said before, I don't rue 
the friendship I had with you, as
a matter of fact, I cherish it.
But you're a different person now. 
You were then, too.

You repulse me, this one word 
will give me away, but you really
are a traitor, you're betraying 
yourself, though you may not
think it.
You betrayed me.
You think you're rebelling against 
society and it's rules, but
you're still letting it decide who 
you are.
Om, you know nothing, though 
you think you know everything.
You think I was trying to hold 
on in some way when I behaved
the way I did, but I was trying to 
let go.
I promise I will never intentionally 
hurt you, but I have no power
over how you decide to take 
my silence.
~Amoniel

No comments:

Post a Comment