Wednesday, July 3, 2013

March 9th, 2011. Wednesday. Last letter of 20 Day Letters To Hogwarts Project


Day 20, a letter to J.K. Rowling

Dear J.K. Rowling,
I would like to thank you for your gift to the world, that of the
Harry Potterbooks and the many more that you have written
and will write.

I was at first rather, well, nervous about writing this letter. I
wanted it to be the awesome culmination of this project. I
was procrastinating writing it.
But then I realized that this letter really doesn't have to be
special or any better than the previous nineteen.
Though it will be different. I am writing to a real, existing
person in this letter, albeit you probably won't ever lay eyes
on it. And that doesn't matter. It's enough, to me, that this letter
exists, that I'm writing it, and that you exist, that your books
exist.
Your books were so Original. Althought there was that one
guy who said you ripped off his "Willy the wizard" books.
They sound really lame, to tell you the truth. I really just think
he was money and fame grubbing. And even if your books
bear a resemblance to his, it's just pure coincidence. I think
you've said that you have never laid eyes
on the "Willy the wizard" books.

I really have no idea why I wrote about all of that, it just kind
of flowed from my mind to my fingers. (I'm writing this on the
iPod Touch.)
Funny how that works sometimes, isn't it?
One thing leads to another.

Also, I read an MLIA where somebody said you had ripped
off of JRR Tolkien, pure pish posh, in my opinion. You're both
of completely different genres! There's no comparison, and
Harry Potter bears no resemblance to Lord of the Rings, the
Hobbit, the Silmarillion, or that dog book Tolkien wrote.
I just thought I'd tell you about that.

Sincerely yours,
Amoniel

No comments:

Post a Comment