Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pigeonholed


9/8/11

Psst, you, yeah, you.
C’mere a second, I have somethin’ ta tell ya, something that’ll blow your mind outta the water, princess.
Trust me, you’ve never heard this one before.
Lean in close; lemme whisper it inta’ yer ear, soft and sweet.
…Wait… never mind that, ya might actually want ta’ sit down.
Here, park yer seat on this here bench, it might be hard on the posterior, but it’s always been a pal to me, especially on warm summer nights, when spiders are a’prowlin’ in the soft grass. Winter nights, mind you, are a ‘nother story altogether, but it sure beats sleepin’ on the snow.
Ya com-fert-able now? Good, ‘cause like I said, this one’s gonna blow your mind out of the water, I guarantee it.

Life, as you know it, as I know it, as that constable over there eyein’ us all weird knows it, is nothin’ but a dream.
Who’s dream it is, whether it’s yours, mine, all of us together’s, or an a’sleepin’ God’s, is anybody’s guess. (Though, just between you and me, I’m a’guessin’ it’s mine, and let’s hope I don’t wake up anytime soon.)

What? You don’t believe me? Okay, fine, maybe hopin’ the dream is mine was just high as’spire-ations, but the rest of it is true, or could be, anyhow.
Just ask that pigeon over there, he’ll tell you all about it; after all, he’s the one who told me.
           







4 comments:

  1. I love the dialect (if that's the right word)! :)
    Sounds sort of mysterious and a bit creepy, too, I like it. :) Keep up the awesome writing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathryn, you're the best :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the voice in this piece. This was definitely unique. I think my only problem with this was that it was a bit hard to understand after reading through it the first time.
    The mystery works somewhat because it draws the readers in, but maybe give more of a clue as to who's talking and who this person is talking to.
    The piece itself was creative, and I overall love it. The whole thing with the pigeon was really cool, and I like how you used the theme.
    After reading this a few times, I actually like it the way it is. Maybe the confusion is just me. But well done with this:)

    -Garnet77

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Garnet :) I appreciate all you have to say on this :D

    ReplyDelete